วันศุกร์ที่ 29 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2554

Insomnia Treatment (3) : GIVING UP COFFEE AND ENERGY DRINK

I'm a kind of person who have to drink a large cup of coffee in every morning and a big can of energy drink in every evening. So, stop this behaviour is not easy for me as I feel like I have become addicted to them.

I clearly know that consuming too much caffeine (more than 2 cups per day) can cause my future health problems as well as affect my good night sleep (It just affected my night again last night as I woke up a few times during the night, thanks to "Starbucks' Venti Mocha").


However, I still drink at least a cup of coffee or a can of energy drink each day because I feel like I can't get through my hard day without it.

You know?!? I used to try not to drink coffee on Thursday (my day-off), and I found out later that I had headaches every Thusday afternoon!!!

So, what I can do now is trying to gradually cut it down by reducing amount of caffeine I consume per day as well as switching to drink decaf rather than my usual one.

I've been trying this for a few weeks now and It worked pretty well so far until my partner bought me a large cup of Mocha from Starbucks yesterday evening!!!

Well, at least I have discoverd that what (who) is causing my insomnia ^_^


References:
DiGeronimo, T. F. (1997) Insomnia 50 Essential Things to Do. New Jersey: The Penguin Group

Courtenay, A. (1990) Natural Sleep: How to beat insomnia without drugs. Northamptonshire: Thorsons Publishers Limited


FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT INSOMNIA AND INSOMNIA TREATMENT TIPS

Insomnia Treatment (1): Create Your Own Sleep Diary

Insomnia Treatment (2): Quit Smoking

Insomnia Treatment (3): Giving Up Coffee and Energy Dringk

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น